Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why My Life is Cool As-Is

It's foggy today and yesterday I finished a three day hauling cycle aboard the Close Enough. My body rests and I shift to freelance legal work. After a few hours on phone and computer, I hop on my bike, pick up mail and, for an exercise break, ride down to the town dock to watch the ferry arrive and say some hellos. My mail is tucked in the front carrier I made out of a bait bag and trap hoop.

With all the fear and personal uncertainty, the lonesome hours, the financial pressure, getting on the bike is, again, a liberation. Leg muscles go. Fog flies by. Life is groovy.

Update at lunch time: I am having crabmeat I caught, rhubarb my kids harvested in the yard, red kelp from the boat and eggs from North Haven. Only thing from far away is the kale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment